3CX’s Microsoft Teams integration provides an easy way to elevate new and existing Teams users to access all the extras of a fully-featured business telephone system. 3CX have made it simple for administrators to set up the software integration by using documentation.
What are the Two Key Features?
The two main benefits of this integration are that it upgrades the Microsoft Teams phone system to an enterprise-grade PBX (private branch exchange) by using 3CX in the background to run the complex call routing and reporting functions and that it provides an alternative to Microsoft’s expensive Calling Plans. Customers can choose a local SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunk carrier to access preferential rates instead of being tied to using Microsoft’s plans.
Advanced Contact Centre Features
The Teams phone system whilst providing basic features is generally known to be lacking in various key areas where a more enhanced call flow configuration via a telephone system will provide a better customer and user experience. Combining 3CX with Teams by using Direct Routing means that organisations can utilize their Teams interface for day-to-day call management which they are already familiar with.
These popular features include:
- Call Queues, which inform the caller their position in the queue and the ability for the system to call the user back
- Advanced usage reporting, which is beneficial for identifying trends such as volume of calls following marketing activity.
- Agent login/logout list
- Record specific queues – The ability to record conversations such as Customer Service Queues which could be beneficial for training new employees
Live chat – This is becoming a very popular feature as a growing number of customers are preferring to contact organisations via this method.
3CX Video Conference
3CX video conferencing provides between 25 and 250 simultaneous participants. Teams users will already be familiar with video conferencing however by using 3CX, users will benefit from further integration between the two systems. Features of video conferencing include:
- Easily schedule events using Microsoft 365 and Outlook calendar
- Sharing of files
- Record the meeting instead of taking notes
How to Implement the Features
As mentioned previously, administrators can integrate the two systems and access these additional features by using the easily accessed guide on our administration manual.
How to dial out using Teams
This can be done in two easy steps:
Navigate to the Calls tab and enter:
- An external number (e.g Mobile or Landline)
- An extension number to dial a user on 3CX (e.g 101)
- A name to dial a user directly on Teams (e.g Dave)
Once a call is in progress the ‘More’ icon can complete actions including placing the caller on hold, transferring the caller to another user, and editing audio device settings.
Features Coming Soon
Cross-platform presence, improvements to meeting scheduling, group synchronization, and extension number generation are all on 3CX’s roadmap.
If you’re interested in upgrading your Microsoft Teams by implementing 3CX, just fill out the form on this page. It will only take a minute and one of our 3CX gurus will get in touch to explain your options.