Location – Worcester & Remote Working
Salary – £25,000 – £30,000
Who are we?
Spire was launched in 2002 and have grown year on year, expanding our products and services as technology has developed, helping organisations improve their business practices and profitability.
At Spire, we have built on our reputation as a respected and trustworthy IT and Telecoms managed services provider, our customers cover the West Midlands and the Southwest as well as nationally with clients spanning across the UK and internationally. If you’ve worked with us before, you know we are unlike any other technology company in that we always go the extra mile.
Spire are a team who will work hard to find you affordable solutions using various technologies to meet your requirements and budgets. From regular feedback, we seem to be getting it right as our clients are happy and trust that we are providing an individually tailored solution which has resulted in a planned return on investment.
About the role
Your role as an IT Support Engineer will be varied. You will be 1st, 2nd and occasionally 3rd line support for the IT helpdesk providing technical support to a wide range of customers. There will also be a requirement to carry out site visits and get involved in project work such as installing workstations, laptops and servers.
You will join a very friendly team who will provide you with necessary training and ongoing support and development to progress in your career.
You will need a good understanding of…
- Windows Desktop and Server operating Systems
- Microsoft office 365 platform
- Anti-Virus products
- Cloud Backup Solutions
- Azure skills would be adventagous
- Working remotely
- Computer hardware
- Windows server operating systems
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous
- Watchguard and Draytek Firewall technologies
- Veeam backup
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role
- GCSE English, Maths, Science – Grades A – D
- Computer specific qualification would be an advantage
- A full, clean driving licence
- An eager and positive attitude
- Strong communication
- The ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical minds to reach solutions